Some news to report from April's Regional Meeting
- Public Service Announcements (PSA's)
- These are brief video announcements made for TV broadcast
- CANA has purchased $13,000 worth of ad spots to be broadcast on Global TV from June 6 to July 4 between 10:50 pm and 5 am.
- CCNA XXIV registrations flyers should be available for your home groups
- You can also register online at www.canadianconvention.com
- At Mississauga's Hilton Meadowvale from Sept. 30-Oct. 2, 2016
- ORCNA XXIX
- At Blue Mountain Resort in Collingwood
- May 20-22, 2016
- Literature prices increasing
- Literature costs from NAWS are increasing by 15%
- To reduce the effect to groups and areas within our region, the Regional committee voted to reduce the 10% markup down to 5%
- On a $400 order groups would save about $4 if they ordered through areas and region as opposed to ordering directly from NAWS
- This is due to the bulk discount Region receives from NAWS. PLEASE consider ordering through our service structure (area and region) so that we can benefit from the bulk discount.
- Region is looking into the costs of hiring a lawyer to help us determine our status with Revenue Canada. There is conflicting information and a motion was put forth to seek the advice of a lawyer. Before doing that, it was deemed prudent to first investigate the cost.
- Our Regional Delegate (RD) and Alt. Delegate (AD) attended the World Service Conference on our behalf.
- Results from the CAR votes are available if anyone wishes them.