I have not received the Regional minutes from January’s meeting so I’m reporting using notes I took. More details if necessary will be provided once I receive the minutes.
News from Regional Meeting
- CCNA XXV will be held in Calgary, Alberta from Sept. 29-Oct. 1, 2017.
- No final numbers yet for CCNA XXIV
- CANA/ACNA Projects
- English PSA’s are again in the works since last year’s campaign was deemed a success. Regions and Areas will have an opportunity to take part.
- French PSA’s for the Quebec region are being finalized.
- PR workgroup is building a better relationship with the RCMP and Corrections Canada. CANA is looking at getting Corrections Canada to agree to a standardized form for volunteers that would clear them for more than one facility.
- ORCNA XXX -- all positions are filled; still need ASCR’s
- ORCNA XXXI -- budget was submitted
- ORCNA XXXII 2019 -- bids from areas are due in July
- Hiring a lawyer was approved. The cost may be more than $1,500 but probably no more than $2,000.
- The creation of an additional position and a shortening of terms for the AD/RD roles was defeated. The current system of electing an AD/RD for two years with the option to renew for an additional term remains.
- Alt. Secretary, Alt. Chair and Outreach Coordinator are open positions at Region
- The budget was approved as presented.
- New Regional order form with new items should have been received by all area literature chairs
- Next meeting is April 23, 2017
- NA World Services is looking for input on an IP on Mental Health/Mental Illness. More at na.org/mhmi
- NAWS is looking for input on a Meditation Book. More at na.org/meditationbook
- There is a new pamphlet that’s available for download or purchase call Medically Assisted Treatment Pamphlet. It is meant as a resource for professionals but is helpful information for all. It is not to be used as a discussion pamphlet at regular meetings.
- Interested in helping develop a Local Service Toolbox, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the next available webinar.
- Interested in helping develop a Conventions Toolbox, please visit na.org/conventions