June 2017 RCM News
Welcome to my first RCM blog. I was elected as your RCM at the May area meeting and after serving as alt. RCM with Marc S for the last 2 years I feel I have some big shoes to fill. I welcome your feedback. Also I look forward to working with Jenn G as your Alt. RCM.
I have separated the news into 3 sections – ORSCNA (Region), CANA, and NAWS. Hope it is clear. If you have ideas of what you would like to see in the blog let me know.
Notes from April 2017 Regional Meeting
- Toronto is preparing for TACNA 2018 in February 2018 at the Downtown Marriott on Bay Street
- New alt. Secretary, alt. Treasurer and outreach coordinator elected
- CAR workshop 2018 - possible 2-day regional meeting in January 2018 and/or a virtual meeting
- Region is considering how we might elect members without requiring attendance at regional meeting for those who live far away
- Results from investigation with lawyer about incorporation: Recommendation is that incorporation and registration occur. Treasurer is investigating costs and what other fellowships have done. Will report in July
- ORCNA XXXI ( May 2018 Blue Mountain) need arts & graphics chair, fundraising & entertainment chair, merchandise chair, alt. Secretary and alt. Treasurer. Sub-committees can be filled by an area
- July elections: RD, AD, H&I coordinator
- October elections: PI coordinator, Literature coordinator
· The July regional meeting will be held July 15-16, 2017 in North Bay:
Canador College Residence and Conference Centre
15 College Drive
North Bay, ON
There will be workshops on Saturday and dinner and dance in the evening.
Regional Meeting on the Sunday
- CCNA XXV to be held in Calgary at the Carriage House Inn on September 29, 30 and October 1, 2017
http://canadianconvention.com/ for more information or to register.
- WCNA 37 - THE MAGIC IS STILL REAL - will be held in Orlando, Florida, 30 August through 2 September 2018. Visit www.na.org/wcna for more information and to subscribe to updates.
- The 2016 Annual Report (AR) is available for download from www.na.org/ar2016 and also for purchase from NAWS customer services. An AR in brief that you can download and print is also available.
- A Guide to World Services in NA (GWSNA 2016-2018) has been posted to www.na.org/conference.
- Conventions and Events project is looking for input. Deadline is June 15 – www.na.org/conventions
NAWS web meetings – getting involved without leaving the comfort of your home
- · Local Service web meetings focus on gathering best practices to begin putting together a local services tool box. The first focus will be consensus-based decision making. See www.na.org/tookbox
- · Public Relations web meetings are a gatherine of area and regional PR trusted servants who share their experiences and challenges with PR service; topics are identified by PR trusted servants. Write to PR@na.org for more information.