JULY 2017 RCM BLOG
Notes from April 2017 Regional Meeting (SOME REPEATS FROM LAST MONTH)
- Toronto is preparing for TACNA 2018 in February 2018 at the Downtown Marriott on Bay Street
- New alt. Secretary, alt. Treasurer and outreach coordinator elected
- CAR workshop 2018 - possible 2-day regional meeting in January 2018 and/or a virtual meeting
- Region is considering ways of electing members without requiring attendance at regional meeting for those who live far away
- Results from investigation with lawyer about incorporation: Recommendation is that incorporation and registration occur. Treasurer is investigating costs and what other fellowships have done. A proposed plan will be presented at July meeting.
- ORCNA XXXI need arts & graphics chair, fundraising & entertainment chair, merchandise chair, alt. Secretary and alt. Treasurer. Sub-committees can be filled by an area
- July elections: RD, AD, H&I coordinator
- October elections: PI coordinator, Literature coordinator
The July regional meeting will be held July 15-16, 2017 in North Bay:
Canador College Residence and Conference Centre
15 College Drive
North Bay, ON
There will be workshops on Saturday (15th) and dinner and dance in the evening.
Regional Meeting starts at 10:00 AM on Sunday, (16th)
Expected motions/business at July meeting:
· Elections (as above)
· Structure of CAR workshop in January 2018 (as above)
· New election policy to accommodate nominees who would have to travel a significant distance at their own expense to stand for a position at Region.
· ORSC incorporation and registration: Information and recommendations from Treasurer and ensuing motions
· CCNA XXV to be held in Calgary at the Carriage House Inn on September 29, 30 and October 1, 2017
http://canadianconvention.com/ for more information or to register.
· WCNA 37 - THE MAGIC IS STILL REAL - will be held in Orlando, Florida, August 30 through September 2, 2018. Visit www.na.org/wcna for more information and to subscribe to updates.
· The 2016 Annual Report (AR) is available for download from www.na.org/ar2016 and also for purchase from NAWS customer services. An AR in brief that you can download and print is also available.
· A Guide to World Services in NA (GWSNA 2016-2018) has been posted to www.na.org/conference.